Last year I already took part in the Mystery and Suspense Challenge 2010 hosted by Book Chick City. I did not manage to read 12 novels but I just had half a year to complete the challenge since I started with my book blog in July! At least I managed to read 8 out of 12 which is a great result for half a year, I think!
If you also want to join, just click on the button and you’ll be forwarded to the sign up page! Really looking forward to this challenge because I am a massive fan of suspense and mystery novels!!!
Here are the rules for the Challenge:
- Timeline: 01 Jan 2011 – 31 Dec 2011
- Rules: To read TWELVE (12) mystery & suspense novels in 2011 (12 is the minimum but you can read more if you wish!)
- You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
- You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.
- At the beginning of Jan 2011, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews. There will be a monthly prize too courtesy of the lovely Simon & Schuster – you must be signed up to the challenge and add the link to your review to be entered into the monthly prize draw.
- Now, there are many different sub-genres of mystery and suspense – you can choose from the numerous sub-genres, from cosy mysteries such as Agatha Christie to the more hard-boiled kind like V I Warshawski by Sara Paretsky, or romantic suspense written by the likes of Linda Howard, forensic crime such as those written by Kathy Reichs and even paranormal/supernatural suspense such as Kelley Armstrong. I’m sure this challenge will have something for everyone! 🙂